FRx, the financial report writer used with MAS 90 and MAS 200, will no longer be sold by Microsoft after December 31, 2010. Sage will provide support for FRx through December 31, 2012.
Sage has officially announced that Excel-based software add-on Sage MAS Intelligence from Alchemex will replace FRx as the financial report writer for MAS 90, MAS 200 and MAS 500. Sage MAS Intelligence will be available in June, 2010.
One of the primary ways that Sage MAS Intelligence is different from FRx is that it supports using ALL of the MAS modules and not just the General Ledger module that FRx is limited to. Sage MAS Intelligence works with Microsoft Excel 2007 to offer flexible reporting The look and feel is similar to a Microsoft Excel pivot table. Other versions of Excel are also supported but the reporting wizard will only work with Excel 2007.
Each Sage customer on a current basic maintenance plan will receive one user (named license, can be installed and run on only one workstation) at no charge to replace their FRx single-user product. Sage MAS Intelligence will work with MAS 90/MAS 200 Version 4.4 and MAS 500 Version 7.3.
Here are a few key points about the new Sage MAS Intelligence reporting tool:
- Excel-based reporting tool with access to all MAS modules and data.
- Includes some pre-defined operations and financial reports.
- Dashboard Analysis
- Financial Reports
- Sales & Purchase Reports
- Financial Trend Analysis
- Multicompany Reports (connector add-on required)
- User-level security available
- Additional add-ins provide extra flexibility: saving report outputs to specific location, publishing reports in html, emailing capability, ability to run reports from a desktop shortcut.
Stay tuned for further announcements and details regarding Sage MAS Intelligence! In the meantime, please contact me if you have further specific questions.